Welcome to Evelyn's Page
1) What is the main message of your poster?
That everyone is the same, and we are all of equal value in how the world changes.
2) Describe the choices you made with font, images, color, layout, and composition to communicate your message.
I chose a clear font because I want people to see my message really well. I also made it bright blue against a darker blue so the picture would have contrast. For my picture, I chose a group of diverse people to show that we are all the same, no matter what we look like.
3) How did your poster change with each version. What changes did you make to get to your completed poster?
first, I took a picture of the people in the poster, and put it in photoshop. than, I drew over them, and took the original picture away. Finally, I smoothed out any imperfections in the photo, and added the words.
4) What parts of your poster do you feel are most successful?
I like how well the tracing worked. I have only done this before on my iPad, and it is a bit harder to control the drawing when it's on the computer.
Laser Cut snowflake
Laser Engraving Project
The project I chose was to Laser Cut a picture of my dogs. I like using the Laser Cutter, and I thought cutting a picture of my dogs would be a good learning experience.
First, I chose a picture of my dogs. Than, I changed the contrast until I liked how the picture looked. Finally, I put it into the Laser Cutter and it cut out the final piece.
3D Design and Innovation Project
For my project, I thought about one of the everyday problems I have in my life. one of the biggest things I had thought up was that my desk was super messy, and I needed to organize it. The normal organizers at the store are usually just a small dresser for your office supplies, and they are usually too small for some of your items. for my idea, I am thinking of a square, with pieces that fit inside it. you can take the pieces off or put them back on, according to how big your items are.
This is a first draft of what I thought my organizer might look like.
The first day I started working, I made the first draft (seen above). the next day, I started building a design on Adobe Illustrator, and over the next few days, I modified the design and made notches to make the side pieces secure. On Friday, I cut out the prototype for an intersection, and tested it out. unfortunately, the pieces wouldn't stay upright. There was too much wiggle room between the notches and the holes. Also, my lock was too long, so the intersecting pieces couldn't hold on to the others. I plan to try and either make the notches a tighter fit, or try to use the universal snap-to-fit lock. I originally thought I would just put them on the walls, but the sides might need them too.