Welcome to Kathryn's Page
Issue Based Poster Project
The main message of the first poster I drew was made to support the fight against climate change. In the image, there is a women who is trying, with no success, to blow out a match that is the earth. It represents the never-ending fight to end global warming. I chose the red, melting font to add to the message that the world is getting too hot. I created a starry background to fill the background, but I purposely made it look very simple so that it wouldn't draw too much attention away from the main image. The first version I drew had way too much going on. I had a background that took way too much attention away from the meaning of the poster. I also drew many hands so that I could choose the one that looked the best holding the match. I think the most successful part about the poster is the4 way I used shadow to show definition of the face and hand.
This next poster I made was made to commemorate the 17 lives that were lost during the shooting at Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida. The main message was to recognize and honor the victims of the shooting. The walkout on March 14 inspired me to make this poster. 17 white roses were passed out the day of the walkout, each one representing a victim. I used a pastel green color scheme that I think goes really well with the colors of the rose. I think the most successful thing about this poster is that there are many parts and pieces of it, yet it all comes together and works nicely.
I then brought my image back into Photoshop and made the lines and words thicker, and it will hopefully show up better.
Final Project:Shadow box
For my final project, I will be making a box-like frame that I will use to house the map that I made in the previous unit. It will have five layers to make it 3-dimensional and so that I can use LED stripes to light it up.
I strategically laid out all of my pieces on RetinaEngrave so that they all fit.
The LED strip doesn't fit so I am going to have to recut the acrylic.
L.A. Book Jacket
Over the last couple of days, I have been working on this book jacket for Language Arts. I used MediBang Paint to draw all of the pictures, and Canva to put everything together.